Are you searching on the web for Why Is My Gmail Not Working?
Because of a variety of reasons, sometimes Gmail stops working and the users have to deal with the problem.
Frequently, when Gmail Not Working properly, you will stop getting emails and other notifications.
In this guide, we are going to let you know a number of troubleshooting steps that are required to troubleshoot this problem.
We are going to discuss different reasons why your Gmail is not working. Are you ready?
Why Is My Gmail Not Working? Gmail Not Receiving Mails
If you have recently come to know that your Gmail Not Receiving Mails then you can follow the steps given below.
- If you are using Gmail on your website then try to open it on the mobile application or vice versa. After doing that, check whether you start receiving calls or not.
- It may be possible that you have received the mails but not in Inbox. In this case, you should check the mail in the spam or trash.
- Open the settings
- Choose “Filters’ ‘to check whether you have accidentally blocked any address from sending or receiving the mails.
- Check the forwarding settings by choosing the option of Forwarding from the setting menu.
How To Fix When IMAP Gmail Com Is Not Responding?
If you are asking for Why Is My Gmail Not Working because your IMAP Gmail Com stops responding then do follow the below given steps?
Check The Network Connection
- First, you need to open the Gmail application. Make sure that your internet connection is working properly.
- For the purpose of refreshing, pull down the home page from the Gmail application.
- Go to the Setting window and then open the option of Wifi.
- Besides the wifi option, don’t forget to turn ON the toggle.
- Make sure that the strength of the connected network is strong. In case you found the strength low then you may need to change the network connection.
Re-add The Gmail Account Again
- Go to the settings and then click on the button “Delete Account”.
- After removing the Gmail account, open the settings and click on “Add Account” to fix the issue of Why Is My Gmail Not Working.
- Enter your email id and in the next step enter the right password to add it again to the account.
Check Configuration Settings
Outgoing Email Settings
To check the configuration settings, here are the steps that you can follow:
- Go to the “Settings”, click on the Mail, Contacts, Calendars option, and then touch the option of iDownloadingBlog.
- From the Outgoing Mail Server Option, click on Account and choose “SMTP”.
- From the Primary Server section, tap on the Gmail SMTP server.
- Now, you will have to check all the details from the Outgoing Mail Server section.
- If you need then do change the Host Name, SSL, Password, Authentication, Username, and Server Port 466 Fields.
Verify Incoming Email Settings
To verify the incoming email settings, here are the steps that you can follow:
- To view all the options, tap on the Settings icon.
- Tap on the Mail, Contacts, Calendars<iDownloadBlog<Advanced<Incoming Settings.
- Now, you would need to modify the Server Port 993 fields, IMAP path prefix, SSL.
Try To Quit The Gmail App
- Try to force quit the Gmail application.
- With the help of App Switcher, relaunch the Gmail application.
- Don’t forget to refresh the inbox of the Gmail to fix Why is my Gmail Not Working
How To Fix When Gmail Notifications Not Working?
If the notifications of your Gmail is not properly working then do follow the steps given below:
Check All The Settings
- First, you would need to open the Gmail application on your device.
- When you will open the app, tap on the Menu icon given at the top corner.
- From the settings, choose the Gmail account from which you are not getting any notifications.
- Click on the Inbox Notification option.
- Don’t forget to check the box given next to “Notify For Every Message” so as to fix Why Is My Gmail Not Working.
- Go to the Settings Window again and tap on the General option that is being followed by the Manage Notifications Option.
- To receive all the notifications, don’t forget to enable the Mail feature.
Check The Battery Settings
To check the settings of the battery, here are the steps that you can try:
- Go to the battery and performance option from the Settings Window.
- Choose the Gmail application and select “No restrictions to receive notifications even when the battery is low on your Android mobile phone”.
Check The Data Settings
- After you have launched the Settings app, go to the Data Usage option.
- Click on the Gmail Option and turn on your Mobile data, background data settings, and wifi.
- At the bottom of the screen, click on the info button so as to fix why Is Gmail Not Working or Gmail Down.
- Select the “Restrict Data Usage” and then remove the checkmark from the Mobile Data option.
- To launch the setting window, tap on the Setting icon on your mobile device.
- Go to the Google option.
- To turn on the Synchronization, Select Gmail and fix the issue “Why Is My Gmail Not Working”.
Clear Cache And Data
- From the Settings Menu, tap on the option of installed apps.
- Clear all the Cache and Data from the Gmail application.
In this guide, we have discussed each and everything that is needed to fix Why Is My Gmail Not Working. So, you just need to follow all the steps that have been mentioned above so as to make your Gmail start working again.
In case you are facing any kind of issue then do call us on a given helpline number. We have a team of experts who is round the clock ready to help their customers.