Most of the time it happens that you try to open the Microsoft Outlook program but it says that Outlook Not Working. The troubleshooting of this issue depends on your experiences and the version of the Microsoft outlook you are experiencing right now.
Several reasons could be responsible for why your Outlook App Not Opening and one of the main reasons is damaged files.
Why Is My Outlook Not Working?
We have researched and found some of the common culprits that could be responsible for why your Outlook Not Working.
- Problematic add-ins
- A corrupted profile
- Damaged and corrupted files
- Navigation pane issues
How To Fix When Outlook Not Opening In Windows?
If you are using Outlook on a Windows computer and found that it is not working properly, try the troubleshooting steps that have been mentioned below.
We are going to mention the methods from basic to the most advanced ones.
Tip: In the case, you are using a cloud-based Microsoft 365 on your PC or Mac, you can fix most of the issues via the automated Support and Recovery Assistant tool.
1. If you will open Outlook in the safe mode, it means that your Outlook Not Sending Emails problem occurs because of toolbar extension or add-ins.
2. Another main and important reason why your Outlook Not Working could be because of one or more add-ins. Hence, follow the below-given steps to disable all add-ins:
- Follow the guidelines File>Options>Add-ins
- Now, go to the “Manage” section
- Select “Go”
- Now, clear all the checkboxes that you want to disable to fix why Emails Not Sending From Outlook and not working.
- Click on OK.
3. It is also possible that the outlook application has been properly damaged and needs to be repaired. This could be one of the main reasons why your Outlook Not Sending Emails properly. So, to repair the application you can use a built-in Microsoft Office repair tool:
- Do close all the office applications
- Open the control panel on your computer
- Select from the categories “view”
- Go to the “Program” section and then choose “Uninstall A Program”
- Select “Microsoft Edge” and choose the option of “change”.
- Now, select “Online Repair”.
- Click on Yes if any user control prompt will appear on your screen.
- When the whole process gets completed, restart Outlook.
4. Most of the time, corrupted outlook profiles cause certain issues including the Outlook App Not Opening. Hence, you need to repair the outlook profile with the help of the steps given below:
- Select “File”.
- Open “Account Settings”
- Tap on the “Email” tab
- To open the repair wizard, select the option of “Repair”.
Note: You will not find this option in the Outlook Exchange account.
5. Even after trying all the above-mentioned steps, still, your Outlook Not Working, repair all the outlook data files.
- First, you need to exit from Outlook.
- From Microsoft, download and open the “Inbox Repair Tool”.
- Select the option of “Browse” and then go to your personal folder, select “start”.
- If the scan will find the error, choose “Repair”.
- Once the Repair process is complete, restart your Outlook.
6. Most of the time, the startup issue in the navigation pane could be one of the main reasons why your Outlook Not Loading and stops working. Hence, reset the navigation pane with the help of the steps given below:
- Exit from the outlook application.
- Click on the “start” tab, click on “Run”.
- In the Run window, paste or type “outlook.exe /resetnavpane”.
- Select OK.
- Open Outlook.
- Your navigation pane is reset completely.
How To Fix When Outlook Not Working In Mac?
The troubleshooting technique given below is applicable for Outlook 2016 and 2011 for Mac.
1. It is possible that your Outlook Not Sending Emails because of an outdated version. You just need to check for all the available updates and install them in your computer system.
- Go to the option of “Help” and then search for all the available updates.
- Choose the option of “Update” and install all the updates available.
2. Try to rebuild the Outlook database as it may be possible that it is outdated. Hence, several times, rebuilding the database will easily fix the issue of why your Outlook Not Working.
- First, you need to exit from all the Office applications.
- Open the Microsoft Database Utility by pressing the “Option” key and select the icon of “outlook”.
- Choose the identity database that you want to rebuild.
- Choose to “Rebuild”.
- Once the process is complete, restart Outlook.
This is how you can easily fix it when you find that the Outlook application is not working.
At the end of this article, it can be said that the reason why your Outlook Not Working could depend on various facts that we have already mentioned. In the end, follow all the guidelines mentioned above to fix the Outlook.