In this article, we are going to explain How To Permanently Delete Emails In Outlook. Once you will permanently delete the emails, they will not recover again. Hence, read this guide properly and follow the steps as mentioned.
You also have the option to take help from our experts who are working day and night for you. They know how to tackle the issues related to outlook email. You can trust them and ask them for help anytime you want.
How To Permanently Delete Emails In Outlook?
When you delete any mail from the outlook, it goes to the recycle bin for a certain amount of days. But, if you want to delete the mails permanently, do follow the below-given steps.
- First, you need to select the email that you want to delete permanently
- Now, you need to press the “Shift+Del” key on the keyboard. Or else, you can go to the Home tab and then press and hold the “shift” tab and then “delete” it.
- When you will do that, a dialog box will be opened to confirm whether you really want to delete the message or not.
- Choose to select “yes”.
- In case you want to delete the whole folder in outlook, you have to go to the “folders” pane and select the folder.
With the help of the above-given steps, you can easily delete the emails permanently in outlook. For any help, do call our technicians who are eagerly waiting for your phone call.
How To Turn Off Confirmation Dialog Box To Permanently Delete Emails?
If you get rid of the confirmation message that pops up again and again when you delete the message. Here are the steps mentioned below that will turn off the pop-up dialog box.
- Open the “file” tab.
- Choose “options”.
- When the “outlook options” dialog box will be opened, choose “advanced”.
- In the other section, you need to clear the check box of “Prompt for confirmation before permanently deleting items”.
- Click on OK.
How To Empty The Deleted Items Folder In Outlook?
If you are curious to delete all the emails that have been sent to the deleted items folder in Outlook, follow the below-given steps:
Empty The Deleted Folder With The Mouse
- Click right on the “deleted items” folder that you want to delete.
- Choose the “empty folder”.
- Once you will do the same, a dialog box will be opened to warn that everything will be permanently deleted from the folder.
- Click on “yes”.
Empty Deleted Folder From Outlook Menu
- First, you have to select the folder of “deleted items”.
- Go to the tab of “folder”.
- In the cleanup group, select “empty folder”.
Once Outlook Closes Empty The Deleted Items Folder
You will not have to empty the deleted items folder which setup your outlook to automatically and permanently delete emails in the deleted items folder when you will close your outlook.
If you do want to delete all the items from the Deleted items folder, follow the below-given steps:
- Open the “file” tab.
- Select “options”.
- When the dialog box of “outlook option” will be opened, select “advanced”.
- In the section of “outlook start and exit”, select the check box of “Empty Deleted Items folders when exiting Outlook”.
- Select OK.
Do You Know Why Outlook Maintains The Folder Of Deleted Items?
When we delete any email from outlook, it doesn’t delete it permanently, it goes into the deleted folder. Hence, you can recover all the deleted emails from the deleted folder.
Once you will delete the email from the deleted folder, that email will be permanently deleted and you will never recover them back again.
We hope that you have now understood why outlook maintains the folder of deleted items.
In this article, we have discussed how to permanently delete emails in outlook. Although, all the mentioned methods are enough to fix any issue. But, if you are still dealing with any concerns then do call our technicians. They have years of experience in this field and they can troubleshoot any issue in a short possible time. You can call them anytime you want, they will be very happy to help you.