When Gmail Not Working On iPhone you need to check whether you have an updated app or not, check the IMAP, device activity and restore your account and in the last reset your Gmail account.
In this guide, we are going to explain why your Gmail stopped working on your ios device. In addition to that, we will also let you provide all the troubleshooting methods that are necessary to fix Gmail issues.
For any additional help, you can call the number given on your screen. The team of experts that we have is waiting eagerly for your call. They can troubleshoot any issue in a short possible time.
Why Is My Gmail Not Working On iPhone?
Gmail is a well-renowned mail service provider that is used by almost all of us. If you have recently noticed that your Gmail is down on your iPhone then there could be several reasons behind it.
Generally, this issue occurs when you try to login into your account far from your place. We are trying to say that, suppose you are going on a trip and try to get into your Gmail, there you may face issues similar to this one.
Hence, this could be one of the main reasons why your Gmail Not Working On iPhone.
“Cannot send mail”, Cannot get mail”, or Cannot contact with SSL” are some of the common messages that you may have received. When you will get these messages, it means that something is not getting with your mail-id.
You can get rid of this issue simply by going to the official site of Gmail. Here is what you should fix when Gmail Not Working:
- Open the safari on your iPhone
- Go to the Gmail.Com
- Now, you need to go to the account in which Gmail Not Working On iPhone.
- Copy and paste this link into the address bar https://accounts.google.com/b/0/displayunlockcaptcha and hit enter.
- Make sure that you have connected your iPhone to the internet.
- When you enter the link, a new page will be opened saying “account access enabled”.
- Open the app of Gmail on your phone and sign in to your account again.
- Soon after you will do this, the issue of Gmail Not Loading New Mails will be fixed.
Check The Device Activity When Gmail Not Working On iPhone
If you have tried the above-given method and still your Gmail Not Loading then try this method. First, check whether you have received a mail saying “review your device now”. If yes, then you need to click on the box.
Log into your Gmail account via smartphone or computer and check “device and activity dashboard”. Here is what to do:
- Log into your Gmail account and make sure you are connected to the internet.
- When your id will be opened, tap on “google account”.
- Choose to click the option of Device activity & security events.
- Scroll down and then select “recently used devices”
- Click on “review devices”.
After doing this, you need to re-login to your Gmail account. We hope that the issue of Gmail Not Working On iPhone will be fixed now.
In case, you are facing any kind of issue then dial the given helpline number and our technicians will be there to troubleshoot the issue.
Enable IMAP When Your Gmail Not Working On iPhone
IMAP stands for Internet Message Access Protocol. Normally, it never used to create any kind of issue but if it will get off, Gmail Does Not Work at all.
We have mentioned some steps that will help you to check whether IMAP is enabled or not.
- Open Gmail. Com with the help of your computer device
- Enter the id and password and log into your account
- Open “settings”
- Click on the “forward and POP/IMAP tab
- Scroll down to the option of “IMAP access”
- Click on “enable IMAP”
When you turn it on, your Gmail will start sending and receiving messages. We know that some of you may be thinking about what to do if we have an iPhone and not a computer. Here is what to do when Gmail Not Working On iPhone.
- Open Gmail.com via the iPhone browser i.e safari
- Now, open the “go-to mobile Gmail site”
- Click on “more” given in the left corner
- Go to the option of “view Gmail in” submenu and click on “desktop”
- Open the “settings”
- Open the tab of “forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Scroll down to the option of IMAP access and enable IMAP.
If your IMAP wasn’t enabled until yet, the issue of Gmail keeps stopping on the iPhone will get fixed immediately.
Gmail Not Working On ios 6 And Earlier Devices
We have covered all the methods that will help you to fix Gmail issues in your iPhone but for the ios version above 6. In case, you are still using iPhone 6 and earlier, here is what to do:
- Open the Gmail account and log into it
- Open the “Google account”
- Do click on “device activity and security events”
- Scroll down to choose the option of “allow less and security events”
- Choose the option of “allow less secure apps”
- Slide to the ON option
Soon after you will do the same, the issue of Gmail Not Working On iPhone will be fixed. In case you are confused then do call our experts now.
Delete And Restore Account When Gmail Not Working
We are assuming that none of the above-given methods are capable enough to fix the issue. This is why we want you to delete your account from your smartphone and then install it again. You can easily delete the account with the help of the below-given steps:
- Open the “settings” tab on your iPhone
- Click on “password and accounts”
- Tap on your Gmail account and choose to delete it
We hope that you have successfully deleted the account and now you need to reinstall it again.
- From the option given there, choose to add an account
- Tap on Google to proceed further
- Now, you need to write your address on the designated space
- Enter the password of your Gmail and click on next
While following the steps if you are facing any kind of issue then let us know. We have a team of experts that can help you. Call them anytime and all of your issues will be fixed immediately.
Restore iPhone When Your Gmail Not Working
This is the final option to troubleshoot when Gmail Not Working On iPhone, you need to factory reset and restore your iPhone. Before resetting, we would like to suggest you back all of your data.
After doing that so, here are the necessary steps:
- Open the settings and then click on your Name
- Tap on iCloud
- To the white off position, swipe to “find my phone”
- Go to the bottom and then log out
In A Nutshell
It could be easily said that Gmail issues are very normal to face when you are trying to log in from another location. In this guide, we have mentioned each and everything that you need to fix the trouble when Gmail Not Working On iPhone.
Even after following all the methods, if you are still facing any kind of issue do let us know. Our technicians are waiting for your call.