“Forget My Gmail Password, how do I fix it?”
There are many Gmail users who sometimes forget their Gmail password and end up searching on the web.
This is not your mistake, in today’s time, all of us used to set the password for almost every other app. This is why sometimes we forget it.
Gmail has an option with the help of which you can save the password, hence you don’t need to log into the account again and again.
Gmail Password Forgot issue occurs when we switch to another device and enter the Gmail credentials.
In this guide, we are going to explain to you all the steps that will help you to recover your Gmail password again.
Are you ready?
“I Forget My Gmail Password, How To Fix It”?
If you have forgotten your Gmail password and want to recover it, here are the steps that you can follow:
You should have either of them
- Make sure that you are having an email address that is specified with your Gmail account.
- Open the Gmail app or go to the website.
- Make sure that you have connected to the internet connection.
- In the designated space, enter the email id of Gmail.
- Click on “Next”.
- When the login screen of Gmail appears, click on “Forgot Password”.
- Soon after you will choose this option, Gmail will ask you some security questions to confirm whether this account actually belongs to you or not. And it is very necessary for the users who ask “I Forget My Gmail password”.
- You have to enter the answer to the question if you have forgotten your email password Gmail. If you don’t know the answer to that particular question, tap on “Try Another Way”.
- If you will answer the question correctly, you will be able to log into the Gmail account again. In this way, the Gmail password reset process will be completed.
- In the case of Gmail Password Forgot, open the Gmail website and then enter your username, click on “Forgot Password” and you will be asked a number of questions then.
- If you want to reset when Forget My Gmail password. You must have a registered secondary email id or else you haven’t logged in to your account for more than 5 days.
- When you try to reset the password, Google asks you a variety of questions and you have to answer them all.
Questions That Gmail Will Ask You While Resetting The Password
We are now going to tell you all the questions that Google will ask you at the time of Gmail Password Reset.
1. Your Previous Password
In case you have remembered the old Gmail password, it would be easy for you to reset the password.
2. Code Verification
Another way to reset the Gmail password is via code verification. Now, it depends on the type of 2-step verification that you had chosen for your Gmail account.
- You may receive an SMS if you link your phone number.
- If you have submitted another email id, you will receive the code on that email.
- If you want, you can choose the option to receive the phone call from Google.
- Back-up printed codes.
3. Gmail Password Reset Via Secondary Email ID
To recover when Forget My Gmail Password, you will have to follow the link that has been sent to your alternative Gmail ID. To receive the verification code, you can also enter the current email id.
4. Answer The Security Question For Gmail Password Recovery
Now, you need to answer all the security questions that will be asked to you for the recovery of your Gmail password.
5. At The Time You Setup Your Gmail Account
You need to enter the year and the month at the time when you have created your Gmail account.
6. You Will Get The Notification
Now, it depends on how you set up your Gmail account because you will receive the notification on the number linked to the Gmail account.
If you will receive the notification on your phone, enter the code in the designated space to complete the Gmail Password Reset process.
With the help of this guide, we have told you the answer to “I Forget My Gmail Password”. We have arranged all the possible methods that are needed to fix the issue.
Forgetting a Gmail password is common and it is also very easy to recover it. You just need your linked mobile number and soon you will be able to log into your Gmail account again.
If you still need any help then do call on a given helpline number and all of your issues like Gmail Down, Gmail Not Working, Gmail Password Forgot, etc will be fixed.